Friday, February 5, 2010

Camera Ready – Date #3 Mr. Hook Up




I’ve let friends hook me up in the past and it never goes well, which is why I usually turn down any requests to hook me up. This time I decided to say yes, because 30 dates with 30 different people is a lot and I thought I could use all the help I could get. That being said I let a good friend of mine hook me up with this guy she works with. She had mentioned him before, how nice he was and that he was looking for someone, but I never paid it any attention.

She gave me his number last week and I gave him a call. The first conversation went well, so we started talking on the regular basis. The weather here has been really bad every weekend so we had to squeeze some time in during the week for our first meeting. I only saw him briefly once at a party and he seemed kind of cute so I was looking forward to our meet and greet.

We met after one of my classes at a restaurant in the area; we had to stay close to home because his daughter wasn’t feeling too well. When I saw him I was pleasantly surprised. He looks to be about 6 feet tall, brown skin with a bald head. We made a lot of small talk while checking each other out. The conversation over dinner flowed well, we made each other laugh and at the end of the date the good-bye hug was nice. (I just realized hugging during the winter just isn’t fun – we both had on sweaters and heavy coats so you can’t really feel the heat) He did the follow up text message at the end of the night, which was really cute and made plans to talk the next day. We are expecting a huge snow storm this weekend so I am not sure when we will be able to see each other again. I would like to go out with him again but he does have a few strikes against him: he has two kids by two different people and has been divorced recently. Not the ideal situation but he is to nice to just pass up. I was kind of hoping for a kiss at the end of the date – it’s been forever since I’ve been kissed but I played it cool and will have to wait for our next date. Life Lesson: Don’t make out with folks on the first date, it never ends well in those situations, at least it doesn’t for me.

And Scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment